This programme exists:
- To develop networks and training opportunities which will enable journalists in the Euromed and Eastern European regions to exchange experience and learn from one another.
- To provide training to journalists, editors, producers, and other media professionals from the ENPI countries (Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Moldova, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, The Russian Federation, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine). The focus will be on developing the professional skills necessary to report on EU affairs.
- To support journalists in utilizing their newly acquired skills and knowledge in their job by developing a complementary programme for their media editors/managers/owners.
- To consolidate, manage and expand the existing ‘Euromed and the Media’ networks within the Euromed countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Albania, Mauritania).
- To establish a similar network in the Eastern European countries and explore the possibility of merging and integrating the two.